Today is “National Men Make Dinner Day”
This day is for the man who’s not afraid to show off his culinary skills. It’s not for the man who burns water.
Men you do not need to go overboard with a recipe from the internet, but you should have the major food groups and use as fresh as possible ingredients.
But I’ve Had A Hard Day At Work … I Cannot Participate In “National Men Make Dinner Day”
Tough, have you seen your spouse’s workday, especially if you have been blessed with kids? So suck it up and act like a man. Besides, the last Thursday of the month is National Women Slave In The Kitchen Day (alternately known as Thanksgiving) that keeps a women cooking from dawn till dusk and then some, so the least you can do is cook today. 
Need a little bit of incentive? If you live in California, you are facing a divorce rate of about 75.54% … avoid becoming part of that statistic by showing your spouse you care and appreciate her contribution to the family and the dinner table. A little humility goes a long way.
Rules for the men:
1.) No BBQ’ing.
2.) No ordering food by phone.
3.) No pouting, if your spouse picks at your burned toast and claims to have had a huge breakfast – last week.
4.) No help allowed. You’re all on your own men.
5.) All groceries must be shopped for and paid for by you. (FYI men, check the cupboards and fridge before you shop)
6.) Meal must be well balanced.
7.) Use the ‘clean as he goes along’ rule!
8.) You must set the table
9.) You must clean up after dinner
Now a little humor:
TOP TEN REASONS TO
“NATIONAL MEN MAKE DINNER DAY”
10. While cooking, you can still wear your tool belt, simply replace the hammer with a whisk.
9. Several recipes include beer as a legitimate ingredient.
8. The blender, the electric mixer and the food processor are loud enough to drown out anyone in the house who is learning a musical instrument.
7. Whoever is cooking always gets the most attention from the dog.
6. Whatever recipe you choose, you can name it after yourself. Example: tonight’s dinner is called ‘Doug’s Surprise’.
5. Discovering that ‘250 ml’ is the same as ‘8 ounces’ AND ‘1 cup’ is half the fun.
4. Since YOU choose the recipe, it can be a turnip-free night.
3. Some desserts, such as Crème Brule, require the use of a propane torch. How much fun is that?!
2. Since other husbands in your neighborhood are also cooking dinner, ironically this could be the ultimate male bonding experience
1. Participating in ‘National Men Make Dinner Day’ gives you optimum points with your wife. Use those points wisely!
 National Men Make dinner Day (menmakedinnerday.com)