Today is Nat’l Hugging Day……Give someone a Hug
Today, January 21st, is Nat’l Hugging Day. This day was created in 1986 by Rev. Zaborney of Caro, Michigan. Rev. Zaborney created this Holiday to help people show more emotion in public. He felt people were embarrassed to show affection in public and hoped Nat’l Hugging Day would change people’s embarasment.
You celebrate this Holiday by hugging a family member or friend, but always ask first. Hugging has mental and physical benefits as well.
- Build a good immuse sytem
- Decrease the risk of heart disease
- Helps curb appetite
- Cost nothing
- Decreases levels of the stress hormone Cortisol in women
- Be essential for psychological and physical development
- Make you feel good
- Recognizes the most huggable people each year
- You can submit a nomination for “The Most Huggable People” of the year