It has been brought to my attention I did not provide an explanation as to what the ibotta app does or what it’s for. Please see below.
Thank you Simply Eclectic for the heads up.
Ibotta is a free mobile app that gives consumers a new way to earn money when they shop. It is a fun and easy way to earn real money. Ibotta pays users cash rewards for learning about and purchasing your favorite products.
It’s easy. Learn about products by taking polls, reading facts, reading recipes or watching short videos – you choose how much or how little. All of these facts together take less than a minute. I was worried about the polls, but so far they have been 1 question and take no time at all. Each fact has a monetary value.
Ibotta works in your favorite retailers including Walmart, Target, Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, Vons, Ralphs, King Soopers, just to name a few, with new stores being added all the time.
It’s fast. Get your money within hours of taking a photo of your receipt.
It’s real cash. Earnings can be transferred securely to your PayPal account or donated to any school in America with the click of a button.
It’s personalized. Every time you redeem an offer, they’ll send a new one. Tell them your likes and dislikes and they’ll send you personalized offers.
It’s full of your favorite products. Ibotta sends you offers from all the top brands.
It’s secure. Your information is private and they intend to keep it that way. They never share your email address with anyone.
There is no credit card information stored or kept.
Here’s how it works:
1. Go to the ibotta home page
2. Click sign up with email. I created an email account just for ibotta. I wanted to monitor the account for spam and I’ve gotten none so far.
3. Fill out all the information requested.
4. A confirmation email will be sent to you. Click on the confirmation link within the email and download the free ibotta app for iphone or Android.
5. Find the app on your phone and log in.
6. Once you’re logged in you will be able to see the ibotta offers. Scroll through your offers, tap on an offer your interested in. Each offer has tasks assigned for a monetary value. You can complete 1 or complete them all. The more offers you choose and redeem the more cash back you’ll earn.
7. Go Shopping. Buy your chosen product offers at any of the major retailers ibotta supports. I try and match the items with paper or ecoupons for even more savings.
8. When you are ready to submit your receipt to ibotta tap the “Redeem” button in the bottom right corner. Choose the store you purchased your items from, if you made purchases from more than one store you’ll have to scan multiple receipts. Take a photo of your receipt and scan product barcode. When you’re done submit your receipt to ibotta. The app will navigate you through this process. Ibotta will verify your purchases and credit your ibotta account.
9. Once ibotta has verified and credited your account you can choose to get your cash loaded into your PayPal account, donated to any school in America or donated to the United Way.
I’ve only had the app a couple of days and have used it once and made $9. My Paypal account was credited within half an hour of my scanned receipts being submitted. So far I am very impressed. If you feel apprehensive about downloading read the reviews when you download the app. The Android app has a 4.6 rating and the iphone app has a 4+ rating.