Monday January 28th is “National Have Fun At Work Day”
Wanted to post this early so everyone can get organized and plan. HAVE FUN!!
Here are some suggestions to help your day be more fun and to help you and your co-workers have a great day!
1. If appropriate at your work place, bring up the “National Have Fun At Work Day” idea to your co-workers. Maybe folks could join in to bring snacks. Or maybe they’d even have other ideas to add.
2. Wear something a little offbeat to work. People will think you’re nuts – or just having a great day. Hopefully it will get the comments started. Perhaps everyone could dress a little offbeat.
3. If you have a small office – or a small department, little gifts are always a great way to begin the day.
4. Food always seems to be a hit around the job site.
5. A white elephant gift exchange is always fun.
6. If your group likes to party together, perhaps you’d rather save your fun until after work . Someone may offer their home or apartment and others join in with food, drinks and games.
7. Many of us may have work-at-home jobs. This national day of fun does NOT exclude you. If you work at home, email a couple of your good clients and share some fun.
If your work keeps you very busy – just sharing a smile and a few fun words can cheer up most everyone.
Keep this appropriate. Yes, we all have work gripes. Today with so many companies downsizing, or heaping more work on fewer people, or just doing all they can to stay in the black – a day with a little fun added can help you keep your sanity.